Tuesday, June 18, 2013

take me away, tuesday.

Maybe it's because today is a particularly foggy and wet day, or maybe because summer may actually be here for real and I'm getting cabin fever, but this Tuesday I find myself extra anxious to get out of town.

When I think about packing my bags and taking a vacation/weekend/life hiatus (which is a pretty regular thought), my destination is always Yountville, CA.  Why Yountville?  I have only spent five days there: one in the summer of 2011 while Andy and I were driving up the coast of California, and four last July when we spent our honeymoon there.  It's the most beautiful, peaceful, ethereal place I've ever been.  Is that an exaggeration?  No.  Not only does it have THREE Thomas Kellar restaurants, but you can bike to vineyards all day, walk the cozy, flower lined streets, and soak in the California sun.  Also, we ate $.50 oysters before the best meal of my life at Ad Hoc -- can't really beat that.

We've already committed to going back for our five year wedding anniversary, which is a mere 49 months away.  I've also been looking at real estate there, so yeah, I'd like to go back, please.

 Quick detour from our bike ride to pick some grapes (don't worry, he's just pretending)

 We biked six miles and went to ten vineyards in one day on these rented bad boys.

Yountville, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment