Friday, June 14, 2013

over the weekend.

After having one of those long and eye opening conversations with my significant other, I've committed myself to being productive this weekend.  There have been more than a handful of times where I find myself on the couch all weekend wallowing in Andy's absence instead of doing what I need to do (laundry, dishes, cleaning, scrubbing -- the general joys of house wifery), but this weekend will be different.

And here's why.  Our second bedroom currently looks like this, minus the furniture...
WHY.  I don't know!  I wish I knew why we have a bright Jolly Rancher green bedroom, but this is what the previous owners left us with, so here we are.  This weekend I'll be putting myself to good use by painting the room, or at least starting it.

Here's the tricky thing about this room, which I will share with the two (maybe three?) readers of this blog.  One day, hopefully not too far away, this room will be a nursery.  Right now it's a guest room, but we're not planning on it staying that way for long enough to really make it officially one.  We're not going to buy a queen size bed to put in there, for example.  We're thinking a daybed?  Something that can remain and be functional even after we've added to our brood.  So anyway, I bought home a sample of Behr paint in Natural Grey.  I'm worried it might be a liiiiiiittle too dark, but I think it'll do the trick.  I love the simple lightness of a grey and it's a great canvas to add whatever pops of color we want to.  

So I hope you like grey little future baby Abramson, cause that's what your mama is doing this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment