Thursday, June 13, 2013

hacking.

I wish beyond wishes that I was a DIY kinda girl.  I've tried to start projects over and over again and even have a Pinterest board devoted to the idea, but I get so frustrated when I realize the finished project won't be what I envisioned and end up just quitting.  This insecurity is a problem with me in general -- something I'm consciously trying to work on -- but it's a roadblock for me every time.

Anyway -- do you ever see those DIY Ikea makeovers that you want to do so badly it sort of hurts?  Andy has a thing against Ikea furniture because he thinks it's cheap, fake, breaks easy, etc.  I on the other hand think it's fun, trendy, and cute.  Plus I love their Swedish meatballs.  I stumbled across this Ikea hack this morning and desperately want to recreate it.  We're looking for a sofa console table to go behind one part of our sectional and I think something like this would be just perfect.

Now I just need to build up the courage to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment