Thursday, March 28, 2013

working nine to five.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I will be starting a new job on Monday.  I'm fairly devastated about the change, honestly, because I really love my co-workers and leaving them is certainly going to result in more than one tear.  Besides losing my friends I am so excited to start a new chapter in my life and be getting back into the PR biz at a small agency in Chicago's Loop.  

With a new gig comes new clothes (amiright ladies?) -- and I need a lot of them.  After wearing pajamas, or a more denim based version of them, for the last four years I really need to step up my business casual game.  The last time I wore a blazer and suit pants I was twenty-two and approximately twenty-two pounds thinner so I need a big closet overhaul.

Here are a few items that I'm daydreaming about wearing as a fancy PR girl.

I've never tried the peplum look but I'm envisioning this J. Crew shirt with skinny pants and heels.

 In my dreams every night.  Every single night. Oh, Madewell

I can't imagine a better spring/summer working woman shoe than these sandals by Dolce Vita
 No, I didn't design these, but I would have if I worked for the GAP.

So my new co-workers will remember my initials.

No comments:

Post a Comment