Tuesday, March 26, 2013

vegas, baby.




At the beginning of the month the whole Abramson crew took a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate my husband turning thirty.  My mom's entire side of the family moved out to Vegas over a decade ago, so I've been taking trips out west for some time now.  I'm not one to gamble much (it's just amazing how fast you can lose $20 in a slot machine) so I tend to stay away from The Strip and instead opt to watch my money disappear at the outlets.

But this was a special occasion and special occasions call for Vegas to be done right.  We stayed downtown at the Aria, easily the nicest and coolest hotel I've ever stayed in, saw a Cirque du Soleil show, ate at a buffet, walked down Las Vegas Boulevard with a bottle of Jameson and tall boys of PBR's (I got a box of Sangria, because I'm a classy lady), and gambled our little hearts out.  My in-laws sat out for the debauchery but with warm temperatures and family it was a great trip had by all.

Also, let it be known that I love and am awesome at craps.

 After all my years going to Las Vegas I FINALLY got to see the Hoover Dam!  We all needed a little break from losing money and damn it was one fine dam.

While Andy checked into the hotel my grandma and I took a stroll around to see just how amazing the Aria was.  Finding the pool bar for daiquiris was number one on our to-do list.

It wouldn't be Andy's birthday without posing with some Star Wars characters. 

Obligatory photo of the Chihuly glass ceiling at the Bellagio 

No comments:

Post a Comment