Tuesday, September 17, 2013

vacation (all i ever wanted).

Hey, remember when I posted A WHOLE MONTH AGO?!  C'mon, Torie!  Anyway, besides taking a hiatus from the blog I've also recently taken a hiatus from work and had a whole week long vacation.  Can you say heaven?

Our week of vacation started off with a blissful weekend at home in New York with my nearest and dearest.  My in-laws had never been to New York City before and as a true and, stubborn New Yorker I set out to fix that, so we all met on Central Park South and it was all very dreamy.

We had two jam-packed days of playing tourist and going to some of my favorite spots and, despite all the walking, everyone survived!  The best part of the trip was that it was incredibly stress-free, I got to spend a few precious hours with one of my best friends Alie, and, most importantly, my mom spent all of Sunday with us.

Here are a few pictures from the trip, if you'd like to see.

Central Park as seen from Top of the Rock :: Can't beat classic Jewish deli

 Housewares mecca Fishes Eddy :: Book mecca The Strand

 Beers at McSorley's :: Pre-dinner seafood tower at Fish

 Hers and His favorite exhibits at the Met

Oh, also...

We met Andy Cohen!  Mazels all around!

Not pictured: three large pizzas from John's, steak for five from Peter Luger, and all the general New York beauty.  Check back this week for an update on the rest of our vacation including a trip to DC and painting our apartment -- oh the glamour!

Follow me on Instagram at @toriehajdu to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment