Thursday, September 19, 2013

new beginnings.

Have you seen this beautiful video/ad from the New York City Ballet?  

The footage was shot at sunrise on September 12, 2013 -- one day and eleven years after the horrific attack on my home town.  I got goosebumps watching this video, the way I get goosebumps when someone talks about that day, the way I close my eyes when footage plays on TV, the way I know I'll have a pit in my stomach one day a year, every year.  

The ad agency for the NYCB said, "Our hope is that 9/12 can  be rebranded as a day of optimism and new beginnings."  How incredible is that idea?  To celebrate that morning when we all woke up to the sun, as we do everyday, but this time thankful and united and loving our city more than ever.  Let's start to remember 9/12 too, for the memory of the ones we lost, and the memory of the ones still here.


No comments:

Post a Comment