Monday, August 12, 2013

noms.

A few weeks ago I posted that Andy and I were test driving a CSA to do our part locally and be more conscious about what we're putting into our bodies.  I have to admit, it has been incredibly fun so far!  

We got quite the haul from our first box which consisted of four pounds of ground beef, one pound of ground pork, two t-bones, two pork chops, eight bratwurst, two pieces of chicken breast, an entire chicken, and one dozen eggs.  Sorry if the picture of meal freaks anyone out, but for me personally (which is what this blog is all about anyway), it's important to me to share this -- we're being good people here!  

*

We've also been going to the farmers market every Saturday morning to stock up on our produce for the week.  Above we have the makings for gazpacho as well as some squash and fancy pants mushrooms.  Question: Does anyone else hate gazpacho?  Andy loves it and loves making it but there is something about the cold chunks I just cannot get past!


We've always been big planners when it comes to meals, but having $100+ of frozen meat in our freezer has made us become even more stringent about keeping to our plan. This weekend we used our CSA chicken breast and eggplants from my father-in-laws garden to make the most delicious eggplant parmesan stack.  You're looking at a layer of breaded eggplant, a slice of mozzarella, a slice of tomato, a slice of prosciutto, a piece of chicken, topped off with another slice of mozzarella (duh) -- that's seven layers of heaven.



* Bonus points if you can spot Sprocket's photo bomb.

2 comments:

  1. I bet I would love Andy's gazpacho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course Matt beat me. I love gazpacho! This looks amazing. It's making want to look into a meat CSA. We've only done veggies last year.

    ReplyDelete