Thursday, July 18, 2013

year one.

Saturday was my husband and my first wedding anniversary.  I know it's cliche, but I just cannot believe it's been a year already.  Although (here comes another cliche), sometimes I feel like it has to be more than a year.  How can I only have been married to this man for 365 days?  This man that is my perfect match, my truly better half, the Han to my Leia, the love of my life.  Our lives are so one now, as they really have been since our first kiss, that it's hard to believe that we've only just started this journey together.  Isn't that exciting though?  To know that this feeling is only the beginning and we have so many adventures (and I'm sure some bumpy paths) ahead of us.

Our first year of marriage wasn't hard.  We lived together, we knew each other, we were one long before he put a ring on it -- nothing really changed.  It was a wonderful year.  We bought a home, our first baby boy came into our lives, and besides some endless weeks of travel, it was bliss.

I'm feeling a little melancholy about it being over though.  You never get that first year of marriage back -- we're far from newlyweds, officially, and I can no long just say, "We got married in July."  But if all the rest of my years are as wonderful as our year one I'll count myself as one of the lucky ones.

I love you, husband of mine.  Thank you for being my one and only love.



No comments:

Post a Comment