Wednesday, August 22, 2012

rain on my parade.

Ask anyone and they'll tell you that I knew it was going to rain on my wedding day.  Not in a weird sixth sense sort of way, but because it had to.  It's rained on every "significant" day of my life -- proms, graduations, you name it, it rained.

Andy's dad and the downpour outside

I was a shockingly calm bride.  Even I was surprised by how okay I was with everything.  Except when it started to storm.  My bridesmaids put on a good show by telling me, "We just looked at the radar and it's supposed to pass by 3, we're totally fine!"  Liars. 

My favorite people in the world: my bridesmaids

The rain did let up enough for a few pictures outside (stay turned for more pictures soon!) and it provided us with a nice breeze during the ceremony and a welcome relief from the incredibly high July temperatures we had been experiencing.

I wish I could go back and relive every second of that magical day.  These are just a few of my favorite shots from the hotel (thank you Amalfi, for your wonderful hospitality!). 

Husband-to-be

  
A hat pin that belonged to my Nana (my something old)
My mom (and grandma) helping me get ready
Fulfilling the "maid" aspect of their duties by getting me in my shoes



(How amazing is our photographer?!  Thank you, Pam!)

No comments:

Post a Comment